[NANOG-announce] “With Great Risk Comes Great Reward” A (Tech) Road Less Traveled with ISC's CEO Jeff Osborn, Community Events, Video of the Week, + NANOG Sponsor Showcase

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Apr 25 18:13:56 UTC 2024

*"With Great Risk Comes Great Reward"*

*A (Tech) Road Less Traveled with ISC's CEO Jeff Osborn*

"When you're a kid working with venture capitalists, everybody talks about
taking their money and running to a tropical island…and nobody ever does.
But I did," Jeff Osborn, president and CEO of Internet Systems Consortium
(ISC), a leading developer of DNS (BIND) and DHCP open-source software,
said.

"I was 37 years old. I took 15 years off, raced sailboats all over the
Caribbean, and blew a king's ransom having way too much fun," he continued.

*Why it's worth your time:* Jeff has been a member of NANOG since 2013 and
represents our community's incredible professionals. Learn more about his
story and our new mentorship program.

*READ MORE
<https://nanog.org/stories/articles/with-great-risk-comes-great-reward/>*

*Community Events *

*Midwest Peering Summit*

Extend your stay in Kansas City and attend the Midwest Peering Summit,
which will take place 13-14 June 2024. Learn more and register here.

*Designing and Deploying Computer Networks (DDCN) Course* - This is
a special version of the course designed for the NANOG Community.

This course will start on May 27th, 2024. Designed for students with a
basic understanding of computer hardware and software who are already
familiar with personal computers. It begins with teaching the fundamentals
of networking, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi technologies. Find out more info +
register here.

*NANOG Video of the Week!*

*Highlight Reel: NANOG 86 - Hollywood*

*Why it's worth your time: *At every NANOG meeting, we create a recap video
highlighting some memorable moments from the event. It's an opportunity to
relive the event + experience what makes a NANOG meeting special.

*Catch some familiar faces —you may spot your own!* Start with the recap
video of NANOG 86 (Hollywood, 13 - 15 Oct. 2022). Then check out other
recap videos from past events on NANOG TV or our YouTube channel.

*WATCH NOW
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QfCRt-jz4&list=PLO8DR5ZGla8jtquZaIDizi3q-GnoUgrQQ&index=3>*

*NANOG Showcase Sponsorships Available! *

*Your Logo Belongs Here*

Check out our newest offering to connect and network with NANOG attendees
over a 3-hour time block in high-traffic areas. Only $8k per booth with a
branded table-top banner, provided by NANOG!

Contact Shawn Winstead, swinstead at nanog.org, to learn more.